Occupy Wall Street protests are growing nationwide in opposition to tax and wealth inequality, corruption, fraud and greed.
Do you believe that the wealthiest 1% of America should pay much lower income tax rates than the rest of us? What are your demands? Here are mine...
- Repeal the Bush Tax Cuts for the wealthiest Americans including the loophole that allows wealthy hedge fund managers to pay a meager 15% tax rate on their hundred million dollar annual earnings. Tax yearly dividends above $100,000 as regular income.
- Investigate and Prosecute Fraud in the mortgage, banking and securities industries that destroyed our economy. Assistant FBI Director Chris Swecker warned of "epidemic" mortgage fraud in 2004 but the crimes were not pursued.
- Establish Immediate Job Creating Programs that will bring high quality manufacturing and service jobs back to America. End the tax breaks that encourage American corporations to move high quality jobs overseas - see Ending the Offshoring Act.
- Change Laws Defining Corporations so corporations can no longer be considered as people who can donate unlimited funds to political campaigns.
- Protect Social Security by eliminating the $106,000 ceiling on Social Security Taxes so high income people pay their fair share. Do NOT lower recipient benefits!
- End Unnecessary Foreign Wars that have added $4 Trillion to our deficit over the past 10 years. People who profit from wars (including the war on terror) promote wars.
- Protect ALL Whistle Blowers - Reporting Wrongdoing Should NOT Ruin Your Life! Prosecute ALL whistle blower retaliation cases aggressively. Current laws ONLY protect federal employees and provide lucrative payments for fraud against the government.
This list will grow, this is just the beginning!